Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maintaining 50Mbps' Log & Transfer '

Hi, firstly any feedback would be greatfully received, I have asked elsewhere on the net and as yet no go/luck..........

I have footage shot with a Canon XF305 the clips without doubt are 50Mbps and I have the Plug In from Canons Site and the Disk with it's Utility for Backing up Media etc these are MXF Files....

My problem is when I ' Log & Transfer ' and look at the Data Rate via ( cmd 9 or Apple 9) I see that the Data Rate is at the best setting of Pro Res 4:2:2 ( HQ ) Only 22Mbps, this really matters to me for some of the footage is for HD Broadcast which has to be at 50Mbps...

If anyone can Indeed help me with any pointers It would aid me immensely, I am using Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 and similar footage I have shot with the same camera at the same time, has been edited at this rate on Avid, Windows based PC's, without a hitch, but it is something I don't actually use myself, obviously I am on a Mac running OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8. and it's important that I should be able achieve this 50Mbps 4:2:2 on Final Cut Pro........

Thank-you in advance for any pointers and advice that you may have time to give...

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 7:26 AM

2 replies

Maintaining 50Mbps' Log & Transfer '

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.