Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wireless printing

I am perplexed.

I have an Epson 3800 printer that works flawlessly if connected by USB cable to the iMac. If i set it up as an IP printer and connect the ethernet port of the Epson 3800 to the airport extreme all is well with simple black and white text (from pages), but a for real photoshop photo will consistently loose about 20% of its full length on the paper, and the printer thinks this is fine. It offers no error message. Next if i connect the 3800 printer by USB cable to the Airport Extreme it prints the same photoshop photo just fine. Using USB to print snd then ethernet to check ink levels is a little cumbersome but better than neither working. However, i would like to know if anyone has gotten an airport extreme to print professional size photos by ethernet or this is just the nature of the beast.

Thanks so much, ll help will be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 1:12 PM

My name is Syd and I work for Epson America, Inc.

We do not test any of our products with the Airport Extreme. Normally our products are designed to be hard wired USB or ethernet. There is a possibility that the Airport Extreme may be corrupting data or causing data loss. Think of this as using the USB to parallel adapter or any type of adapter device. There are no guarantees that the printer will work as required with the type of configuration that is being used.

Hope that helped.

Syd

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2011 1:12 PM in response to scarlatti

My name is Syd and I work for Epson America, Inc.

We do not test any of our products with the Airport Extreme. Normally our products are designed to be hard wired USB or ethernet. There is a possibility that the Airport Extreme may be corrupting data or causing data loss. Think of this as using the USB to parallel adapter or any type of adapter device. There are no guarantees that the printer will work as required with the type of configuration that is being used.

Hope that helped.

Syd

Jul 20, 2011 6:13 AM in response to Epson Mac Tech

Hi Syd,

I do appreciate you time answering my post. I must admit in this age when every home has WiFi why Epson wouldn't test against some wireless routers perplexes me. The 3800 is a very large printer and getting it near a computer like the 27" iMac, especially in New York City where i live and real estate is really at a premium, is quite difficult and in my apartment impossible. But, perhaps it doesn't matter to Epson's business model that i am always on the lookout for a high end photo printer that is wifi enabled and wifi supported.

Again, thanks for your time.

wireless printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.