Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit multiple cards at once in addressbook

I have many contacts in my addressbook. Now, I want to add a label called 'category' in my addressbook. The category should e.g. be used for work-related cards. I have now three questions:

1) How can I add a label to my addressbook which can be used for all my cards? Currently, when adding a label, I only get it to work for one single card.

2) How can I make a smart list with this new label 'category'? I currently see only standard labels, when using a smart list.

3) Upon adding this label to the addressbook, how can I make sure that multiple cards containing the label 'category' can be filled with 'work' at once? I am only succeeding to fill in the label 'category' once per card.

Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 12:42 PM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2011 5:31 PM in response to GSoes

You can add a custom label to a particular category, like Phone, Address, etc. But, you cannot add a new category. Pretty much the categories are defined by the vCard standard, with additions added by Apple for various things.

I haven't done it in a while, but I believe if you add a custom category to the Template, it will be available for all new cards.

Smart groups only work with the categories as defined, not the labels within categories.

You can use applescript to make bulk changes, but it is not simple if you are not familiar.

Edit multiple cards at once in addressbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.