Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini feezes when waking up from sleep?

Mac Mini feezes when waking up from sleep? why is this? Same problem on 10.6.7 and 10.6.8

G4 Mirror Drawer Desktop, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 3:22 PM

8 replies

Jul 9, 2011 6:45 PM in response to Jerry Walz

I am having the same problem: Mac Mini dies in sleep. Kappy suggested ERASE & INSTALL, RESTORE. I have not tried it because that is a time consuming task and seems drastic, Isn't that what we use to do in the good ole days of OS9? Here we are in Snow Leopard and we have to do the same clunky thing? Does anyone have another suggestion? B0n0b0

Jul 9, 2011 7:54 PM in response to K T

How do you know if you have a widget? I don't think I installed any. My peripherals are printer, scanner, speakers, headphones, usb dongle for logitech mouse, bluetooth keyboard apple, iPod cord, monitor, modem, pentax cord usb, and no new stuff that might have cause the wake up glitch. Except I do update Snow Leopard whenever available.

Nov 1, 2011 9:18 AM in response to Jerry Walz

I am having the same problem with a brand new mini running OS 10.7.2. I disabled the energy saver all together and am just using the screen saver. At night I turn off the monitor.

Only thing plugged into this computer is a usb keyboard, ethernet cable for the modem and a monitor cable.

I have not installed any software except the garmin app for updates. This is so frustrating since it was working great for about 3 weeks then all of a sudden it would not release out of the sleep mode. The white light on the front is still cycling when it is sleeping.

Any ideas out there?

Jan 19, 2012 5:43 PM in response to cjs.11

My Mac Mini exhibits similar behavior. I have the latest version of Lion installed. Once a week or so the system goes catatonic. The slowly flashing light indicates a state of sleep but the computer will not awaken. The only reliable recovery procedure so far is to shut the system down and restart. The suggestion to reformat and reload the O/S seems like an extreme and ineffectve approach to this annoying problem. Moreover since the problem is an intermittent one Apple support is not likely to be able to suggest an effective solution. Our only hope of finding a solution to this annoyance is probably to continue posting information about our attempts to isolate the cause of this problem.

Feb 12, 2012 2:51 PM in response to Jerry Walz

Since I installed 10.7.3, my Mac Mini hasn't gone catatonic yet. It's been a little over a week. I haven't changed anything so far in the hope that I can isolate the variable that might be causing the difficulty. Usually my system becomes catatonic after a few days in sleep mode. Time will tell if the update fixed anything.

Mac Mini feezes when waking up from sleep?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.