Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1703fps and apple tv2

Will the dell 1703fps will work with the atv2?

I've been trying to get these to work together w a hdmi to dvi cable and im not having much luck. This monitor has the option of a soundbar which i dont have... I dont know if this might be part of my problem. But the monitor shows that there is a digital source when i switch inputs, but the screen remains black :-/

Thank you in advance for any advice or help!

AppleTV 2

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 5:10 PM

The Apple TV doesn't support DVI.

Some have managed to get DVI to work, but others haven't.

You have tried turning the Apple TV on with the remote after selecting the correct source on the display I assume. Does the display support 720p.

3 replies

Jul 9, 2011 5:22 PM in response to Winston Churchill

My display supports 1080P and I did make sure to select the source prior to turning on the atv2.Thanks so much for your input Winston. I didnt know that DVI would be a factor. I assumed it might be an issue of the settings on my momnitor or sometng of that nature. It makes sense that it's not working out considering DVI isn't supported by Apple like you said.

Thanks again! I really appreciate your time.

1703fps and apple tv2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.