Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Diablo 2 install....

First off....I'm a TOTAL mac newbie. Got my machine about a week ago. Aside from the learning curve I love the PM. Now, I do like to game a bit. My fav is D2. I go to insall I the computer tells me I have no OS 9 classic, so I can't intall. Is there a fix for this, or am I just SOL?? I hope there's a fix. Thanks for the help.

Todd

G5, Dual 2.3, 2.5 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Jan 15, 2006 8:16 AM

4 replies

Jan 15, 2006 9:14 AM in response to Mirswith

I had one other strange thing happen. When I started the computer, there was a grey screen with a "flashing world" in the center. After a couple minutes it turned into a flashing folder/finder icon. I just left things be for a little while and the computer eventually booted up and have had no issues since it was started. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on what is going on? Thanks.

Todd

Jan 15, 2006 2:17 PM in response to Mirswith

Blizzard has wonderfully provided an OS X native installer for Diablo 2, available here: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2/patches/Mac/DiabloIIInstaller.dmg

The flashing icons meant it could not find a startup disk, and was searching for one. Since it eventually found one, it started up. Goto System Preferences -Startup Disk, and make sure your hard drive is set as the startup disk.

Mar 18, 2006 2:26 PM in response to Mike Vande Ven Jr.

Hey, I just found this thread!

I loved D2 LOD, but stopped playing a couple years ago and removed the game from my old G4, but now I would like to play it on my faster laptop. How do I reinstall it on OS 10.4.5? I need a kind of 1. 2. 3. approach. Do I install D2 then LOD then the native OS X installer then the update? Or install the native installer first, then the games (both, only LOD??)

For some reason I seem very confused and hesitant, even though I normally feel comfortable installing and messing about with my Macs. Maybe it's dread over fighting zombies underground again......

New Diablo 2 install....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.