Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

As400 on iPad with TN5250

My company uses an as400. I have a link to the server on my desktop. I downloaded TN5250 for iPad access. How do I get the necessary information from my desktop to configure the app on my iPad??

Thanks in advance

J

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 11:47 AM

All the information you need to use TN5250 is contained in an A/S400 configuration file. On your work computer you should be able to find this information by going START > IBM iSeries for Windows > Start or Configure Session.

3 replies

Jul 22, 2011 2:05 PM in response to Applesauce905

I really appreciate your help with this. I was able to get everything setup and it works great. Except for one little detail. I am using Apples Bluetooth Keyboard with my iPad. I am not able to use any of the function keys (F9 for example). Is there a modifier that I must use in conjunction with the F key??

BTW. Based on the success I am having my company is now looking at purchasing iPads for the entire sales staff.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Aug 1, 2011 4:37 PM in response to Applesauce905

I have realized that this only works when I am on the office network. Outside of the office I have to open an ipaddress in a web browser and log in. I then have to go to an rdp to log into the AS400. 1. What is a good free rdp app? Only need one connection and basic features including wireless keyboard compatability. 2. Is there a shortcut around having to access the Internet before using the rdp? A macro (??) I guess.

Please keep in mind my computer knowledge is limited.

Thanks in advance

J

As400 on iPad with TN5250

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.