Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I watch Fox News with Apple TV?

I'm thinking about buying the Apple TV but I want to be able to watch Fox News. Is Fox News available on the Apple TV and can I watch it as a continuous broadcast like you would on cable or would I have to download each segment?

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 8:02 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

No, that's not possible directly. The Apple TV plays movies and TV shows from iTunes store or netflix and can stream content from a connected iTunes library.

It can also play content via AirPlay from an iPhone or iPad which included content from apps and websites that support video AirPlay.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2011 8:02 AM in response to Invisible-bob

Welcome to the Apple Community.

No, that's not possible directly. The Apple TV plays movies and TV shows from iTunes store or netflix and can stream content from a connected iTunes library.

It can also play content via AirPlay from an iPhone or iPad which included content from apps and websites that support video AirPlay.

Jul 10, 2011 11:11 AM in response to Invisible-bob

Invisible-bob wrote:

What about CNN? Is that available? Or maybe I should ask is any of the major cable tv news show available?

AppleTV is probably not the product for you.

It is described here:

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

It is currently not designed to show live or catchup broadcast TV, it does not have a tuner or web browser.

It is a device for playing content from iTunes Store on your TV - either stuff you purchase in iTunes or rent (Movie/TV Shows) from the device itself.

You can also stream compatible media you've created yourself from itunes eg Home movies.

It has access to Netflix, Youtube and the other items described on the page above though many things are not available outside US.

Can I watch Fox News with Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.