Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic track pad is driving me nuts

My Magic track pad is driving me nuts!!! It is way way too sensitive. When I move the mouse pointer over an object such as a link in a web page or an item in the Dock, it opens. I have been using my Magic track pad for the past week or so. It is so sensitive that I literally almost booked a friend and I on a flight to Liverpool when I had selected Los Angeles, but the track pad changed the destination to Liverpool. Fortunately, I caught that error before I submitted the airline reservation.

How do I configure my Magic track pad so that no action occurs on my Mac unless I click it (not just tough it or pause it)? I want it to work like the trackpad on my current generation MacBook Pro where nothing happens until I click. I do not want the track pad opening web links, apps, or docks without my explicitly clicking on those items, but as it is now, the opposite is happening.

I have looked through the track pad preferences, but I don't see any way to control it. I bought this track pad in order to gear up for Lion, but if I am stuck with it this way, I think I will return it to the Apple store and stick with my wheeled mouse instead.

Magic track pad-OTHER

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 8:17 AM

system prefs>trackpad, then uncheck "tap to click"

2 replies

Magic track pad is driving me nuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.