Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't clear all my saved passwords on my old Powerbook G4 running Tiger with Safari 4.1. What do I do?

I tried to reset Safari, it keeps crashing which happens alot with version 4.1 on Tiger 4.11. I am trying to sell my laptop to someone else and can't clear the passwords. I reinstalled Safari and deleted the old one, yet it's all still there. Please tell me what I can do to resolve this.

PowerBook, iOS 4.1, Safari 4.1

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 11:08 AM

Your passwords are stored in Keychain Access

/Applications / Utilities.

Open Keychain Access then select Passwords on the left.

If you are going to sell the G4, use your install disc to erase and reinstall Tiger. That will delete all user information.

5 replies

Jul 11, 2011 5:36 AM in response to clovia

clovia wrote:

I tried to reset Safari, it keeps crashing which happens alot with version 4.1 on Tiger 4.11. I am trying to sell my laptop to someone else and can't clear the passwords. I reinstalled Safari and deleted the old one, yet it's all still there. Please tell me what I can do to resolve this.

If you are selling your laptop, and you have got all your data off the machine that you want, then do a clean Install of the entire system, using the Install disks. That will install everything from new and all your old stuff will be overwritten including passwords. (Choose the "Erase and Install" option).

Jul 11, 2011 10:22 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks, I had to erase the harddrive and reinstall the system software and that did the trick. Passwords on an old computer must be totally erased before selling to someone else or else that person can easily access all the sensitive info and credit cards on the sites you visit because I had set Safari to store the passwords. So obviously this had to be done. I don't think you would just give someone your computer with all your info on it. So no, this is no longer problem after the erase.

I can't clear all my saved passwords on my old Powerbook G4 running Tiger with Safari 4.1. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.