Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple users on a single iTunes account

I am wondering if anyone knows how one will be able to manage multiple users under a single account under the new iOS5. Let me explain. In my house my wife and children download content ( movies, music, app) under my itunes log in so we can decide to watch the movie on my computer or my sons iphone without running into DRM issues. With the automatic syncing of pictures with iCloud I dont want my pictures and hers being mixed up but would like to each have an account. The problem is that I dont want to loose the ability of having the same DRM account for different itunes account. In other words, is there a way to associate a couple of me.com (icloud) emails / accounts to be associated with one itune store purchase account to be able to take advantage of sharing content with in the family. My apologies for the long winded question but I couldn't explain it any other way.:)

Any insight is greatly appreciated. thanks

itunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), DRM Management

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 3:22 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2011 3:35 PM in response to EERCZ

This is from a MobileMe page, so it may not fully apply, but it suggests you'll be able to use separate accounts for iCloud and iTunes.

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/transition.html

If I use different accounts for iTunes and MobileMe, can I merge them into a single account and use it with iCloud?

No. You cannot merge two accounts into one. However, you will be able to move your MobileMe account (yourname@me.com) to iCloud and, if you choose, you can continue to use a different iTunes account for store purchases and iTunes in the Cloud.

Jul 10, 2011 4:43 PM in response to rbrian Scotland

I unfortunately have the reverse problem. My iTunes account is actually my mobile me address. I would like to keep that email address and move it to icloud but still be able to share iTunes store content within my family. Hopefully I can just sign into the iTunes store with that id and have all oher features run of the icloud id which would be the same but hopefully with different passwords. As roamingnome said, we will know more when it launches. I was hoping that someone beta testing iOS 5 had the answer.

Thanks for the link above

Multiple users on a single iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.