Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a mac mini server and hope to connect my old G4 Cinema display to the mini.

Thought I'd try the Belkin ADC to DCI converter. Anyone know if this will work?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 3:36 PM

7 replies

Jul 12, 2011 12:13 PM in response to Antonia Rockwell

To be pedantic it's usually referred to as a DVI to ADC adaptor which, like the one in ClassicII's picture (from what I can see), has its own power supply and USB cable. This is required to get power to the display.

The ADC to DVI adaptor does not have the power supply/USB and is for running a DVI monitor off a Mac with an ADC connection.

Presumably the DVI to ADC adaptor will daisychain with the HDMI to DVI adaptor supplied with the mini.

Aug 25, 2011 6:54 PM in response to 8tropos

Not exactly, but I can confirm that the Apple ADC to DVI convertor works with my old Apple Cinema Display 17" when connected to my 2011 MacBook Pro using a MiniDisplayPort to DVI adaptor from the Thunderbolt port. Using it in clamshell mode - works great. Same connector and graphics card as the mini, so chances are very good that it would work.

I purchased a mac mini server and hope to connect my old G4 Cinema display to the mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.