Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Meta tags and Keywords when publishing via FTP

I have a site that I am creating with iWeb, but I am publishing with FTP onto another online host. I know you can use the iWeb SEO tool if you are publishing to MobileMe, but what if you post to FTP? How can you add keywords and meta tags when you publish via FTP without copy and pasting your meta code manually everytime you publish your site?

It seems obsurd that iWeb doesn't allow meta tags and code editing within the applications, but apparently thats just how it is. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Jeff

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 6:42 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2011 7:26 PM in response to Roddy

Well thank you for your very quick response. It really is a bummer that iWeb hasn't integrated such a basic feature. Us iWeb users should be given more than what were given on iWeb, considering we pay so much per year for so much space that we really can't optimize codewise and more.

I wish there was an easier way to add keywords and basic html, but it seems like this is my answer...

Regards 😀

JEFF

Jul 11, 2011 12:59 PM in response to sirJman

Since iWeb was originally designed for family type of sites on a social type of network, MMe, keywords, etc. was not really a high priority.

Other html code can be added to iWeb pages using HTML snippets (depending on the nature and intent of the code). And, since the major search engine, Google, does not use meta keywords (although some of the others do) it's best to put those keywords into the text of the site and pages.

OT

Meta tags and Keywords when publishing via FTP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.