Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best app for typing my college papers?

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 10:09 PM

There are a lot of good note-taking apps, but for papers which need formatting (margins, line-spacing, italics, etc, my students and I like Pages, which will export as Pages, Word or PDF files and will open Word documents. But I also use Pages on my laptop (although I also have Word).

I understand that there are other Office alternatives for the iPad, like Documents2Go, but I haven't tried them. If you're going to be submitting papers as digital files, Word or PDF are the standard formats.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2011 10:09 PM in response to lucaspanthers4

There are a lot of good note-taking apps, but for papers which need formatting (margins, line-spacing, italics, etc, my students and I like Pages, which will export as Pages, Word or PDF files and will open Word documents. But I also use Pages on my laptop (although I also have Word).

I understand that there are other Office alternatives for the iPad, like Documents2Go, but I haven't tried them. If you're going to be submitting papers as digital files, Word or PDF are the standard formats.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.