Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes Account hacked

Hi,

yesterday I have seen that someone used my account to buy games and does in-app purchases. It seems that my account has been hacked. The apps bought are from:

- Storm 8

- Gameloft

Does someone experience the same thing? I am really frustrated because now I have to pay over 200 euros 😟 When searching for Strom8 I found out that there are several sides mentioning this artist with defraution. So why does Apple allow these cheaters to sell their apps in the itunes store?

I hope Apple will give me my money back. I am not willing to pay this! But I will wait what the support will write. Until now there is no answer on my mail...

Regards,

Stephan

Posted on Jul 11, 2011 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2011 10:41 AM

Hi,

i got news from the ITunes support team. They helped me very well and payed my money back.

So, if anyone got problem like I had, just contact the support team. They will help you in all cases.

Thank Apple for that great support 🙂

Regards,

Stephan

3 replies

Jul 13, 2011 2:29 AM in response to Zachi1987

I have the similar problem: My itune store account had a amount of +/- 50 Euros. on 11 july someone else bought several games, now the amount is 0.96 Euro.

Apple sent me 2 emails that something was wrong because these purchases where done from an "computer or device that had not previously been associated with thatApple ID." .

On the Itune-store was also a credit card linked, lucky for me this card was no longer valid at that time.

I suppose that if the card was still active they could buy even more.

I changed now twice the password associated with this apple ID. and i did not add a new credit card to the account.

Jul 13, 2011 1:05 PM in response to Zachi1987

Me too!!!! I am soooo upset! I got notified of 2 purchases on Saturday, changed my password, and after the password was changed, someone purchased something on Monday!!! Wiped my account down to 21 cents.

I'm sure if the hacker could find something for 21 cents, they would have purchased that too! I contacted Apple support and was basically passed around like a hot potato until someone saw I had an extended support package on my iPad, so they passed me to Tech Support, who said all of this sort of stuff was handled by email in something called the Express Lane site. I couldn't locate that, so he filled out the info for me and submitted it. Or he said he did anyways. He also said I would get an automated email response back, which I haven't yet. So maybe he had a good joke on me, huh? I changed my password again today, but I don't have much hope that will help since whomever did it was able to circumvent my previous new password in just 2 days!!!!!!

Support didn't seem too concerned that my money was gone, just change your password, so sad too bad.

GRRRRRR!

ITunes Account hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.