Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change duration transition final cut x

Hi do I changet he duartion of a transition?

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Jul 11, 2011 7:48 PM

36 replies

Jun 3, 2012 8:43 PM in response to jeropa71

I think all these suggestion will work as long as the transition has sufficient media length (aka 'handles') to accommodate the extended duration.

You just need to delete the transition and trim a tiny bit off of each clip then reapply the transition and drag it out the transition handles to your desired length.

hope this works!

Jul 8, 2012 7:02 AM in response to KidVid

Regardless of all these tips, in some cases FCP will just not add a proper length transition. I found a way around it:

- add whatever clip at the point in the timeline wher you want the extended transition

- add the transition between this new clip and the one following it. This will normally add the transition with the defaut length. If you get a message saying there is not enough space,just ignore and add the transition anyway

- delete the clip you added in the previous step

You should be ok now.

change duration transition final cut x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.