Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update IPAD on 3.2 to latest ipad software

I have an original Ipad on the software that came with the device (3.2) from Apple. I have not gotten around to updating the ipad until now but when I accept the update to to latest ipad release software option I get a message stating the ipad is not entitled to the new ipad software. So what are Apple charging now to update to a new IOS level to fix things like the Wifi issue on the ipad 1. I still have full Applecare on the ipad and yet Apple will not allow me to update to the latest supported release of the iPad software. Has anyone had a similar problem with the original ipad? Perhaps I have to purchase a new ipad 2 or the latest IOS is not compatible with the iPad 1?

iPad, 3.2

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 5:13 AM

2 replies

Cannot update IPAD on 3.2 to latest ipad software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.