Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook randomly goes to sleep

HELP! my macbook randomly goes to sleep whenever im working on it! HELP!!!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 5:03 AM

11 replies

Jul 13, 2011 5:50 AM in response to dane-z

Ok.

First of all, if you have anything pluggged into your macbook, unplug the lot. HDD's, mouse, keyboard, whatever. Except the power cable I guess. That can stay.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then it's not one of those items causing it. And in that case, continue:

Open Terminal & run the following command, posting the results back here:

pmset -g

Load your Snow Leopard Install DVD & hold C while booting & go to Utilities > Disk Utilities. And repair disk & repair permissions.

Could you also run the Apple Hardware Test by loading your Applications Install DVD & rebooting while holding D.

Then could you boot up normally & have a look in Console, and do a search for shutdown. Post any results.

Start with that beginning at the top.

And stay calm. Your data is still on your HDD for now.

Aug 10, 2012 11:28 AM in response to AussieDJ

I'm also having this issue with my Mid-2010 2.66 ghz core i7 MacBook Pro. Here's the result in terminal that you asked for:

Active Profiles:

Battery Power -1*

AC Power -1

Currently in use:

halfdim 1

sms 1

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

gpuswitch 2

disksleep 10

sleep 63 (sleep prevented by )

hibernatemode 3

ttyskeepawake 1

displaysleep 60

acwake 0

lidwake 1

What's the deal??

Oct 12, 2012 8:49 PM in response to maninder288

I have my macbook late 2007, battery removed because I broke the button. My screen has been going black this week although I've been using it with the open bottom for about 2 months. Nothing magnetic because I always use it on a lap desk. The desk is hardbodied with a cloth overlay, no metal. I did a diagnostic with my original disk and it found nothing wrong. I've gone to a black screen sleep mode about 5 times this week and it also went to a complete shutdown once. Any ideas for me.

Macbook randomly goes to sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.