Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Color and Screen Resolution

I am hooking up a 32 inch Vizio from the bedroom for my Mac Pro monitor...my monitor died while I was on vacation apparently.

I am a photographer and designer, so I calibrate my monitor weekly with software and device.

When I set my resolution to 1280 x 720, my blues look normal.

When I set it to the higher resolution (which would be MUCH nicer on this screen) of 1920 x 1080, all my blues go almost a fluorescent green.

Why is this and how can this be avoided? Again, I have already done a calibration.

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 10:52 AM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2011 1:43 PM in response to holly.mccaig

I don't have an immediate answer, but could you elaborate a little? It might help someone with an answer.

What model MacPro do you have? What video card? What cabling (connectors) are you using to connect the TV to the Mac? What model Vizio? What video adjustments is the Vizio set on? Is 1920x1080 the native resolution of the TV? What calibrating system are you using?

My first wild guess would be that the Vizio processes 1080 video improperly, which may not be unusual for a typical TV set. TVs are usually not made to be accurate monitors, although some will allow much of the phoney TV processing to be shut off.

Color and Screen Resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.