Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transparent background export SWF

My end goal is to have a SWF file that is transparent so I can embed it in my website. I keyed out a green screen of a video in Motion 5, and know that I have to chose some type of alpha selection. Does anyone know the process for exporting a keyed video, and the putting it in a SWF format w/ transparent background for the web? My biggest questions are:

1) Do I export as movie or image sequence?

2) Where do I check a box to make sure that I have an alpha channel enabled?

3) What program would safely convert this Motion 5 exported file into an embed transparent SWF?

Some of the solutions I have heard are great in theory, but don't add up in the end. I am really starting to believe redoing this in After Effects would be faster. Thanks in advance.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 12:27 PM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2011 1:24 PM in response to usdigital

Hi

It's got little to do with motion or aftereffects. Do avgoogle search for codecs that contain an alpha channel. Plain animation will, not sure what flash will accept though. Or a png or targa image sequence could do it. When you export from motion you need to make sure you have millions+ selected as the colour depth. It's the + that's the alpha channel.

Of course flash probably imports ae files, in which case that would be easier!

adam

Transparent background export SWF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.