Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation problems on Mac OSX Snow Leopard

I've downloaded the newest version of Snow Leopard 3 times with no success. My computer restarts just fine, doesn't say it was unable to download, but upon restart, it is the same old program. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 12:59 PM

14 replies

Jul 12, 2011 1:34 PM in response to Csound1

I purchased the disk (just single disk, not the combo pack) and installed it. After installation was complete, it prompted me to answer "Where is system events?" I had no idea what this was, and closed out the screen. I tried to find it again with no luck. Then I reinstalled the program 2 more times, but no change, and no prompt asking me about system events. Hope this helps.

Jul 12, 2011 1:39 PM in response to drebelle

So you did the update 😉 That elaborate intro screen welcoming you to snow leopard in all the various languages only happens with a full os installation (I think I read that's going to be changed with lion). Updates, are just incremental changes to your already installed system. So nothing dramatic is going to announce you've been updated.

[sorry, there were some additional posts while I was composing this one]

Jul 12, 2011 1:41 PM in response to drebelle

What you are saying makes no sense, if you installed from disc your version would be 10.6.3 or 4 until you updated to the current release, which is 10.6.8.

Start from the beginning and tell me exactly (exactly) what you did and where you started from (what version of OSX did you have prior to installing from disc)

Jul 12, 2011 1:47 PM in response to drebelle

What version of the OS did you have before? Was is one of the 10.6.x's? If you had a 10.6.x before you aren't going to notice much change with 10.6.8. I'm not sure what that "system events" thing is you are talking about. Maybe some else who installed 10.6.8 can chime in (I use 10.6.5).

I thought 10.6.8 only came as a combo updater. That's still a single disk. So I assume that's what you purchased (purchased? it should have been in your system updates).

Maybe you are confused by the upcoming Lion OSX which has not been released yet where the descriptions talk of new features.

Installation problems on Mac OSX Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.