Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm confused.

I have 9.1.1 installed and working. It tells me there is an update available. I tried and mess. Comes up that all software is uptodate.

DICKSTER------

MACPRO WORK STATION, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 10G RAM-1 INTERNAL 1 TB HD 1TB EXT.HD-1-500G EXT. HD-WIRED ROUTE

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 2:18 PM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2011 4:13 PM in response to K T

I did some investigation on what I have on my mmac work sat. And I. Found I had 9.1.3 on an extra internal 1 terrybyte hd. I dragged it to my apps folder on my main hd. I drug the 9.1.1 out of the dock which put it back into the apps. Folder (I'll hold it there for a while. After all this I tried to update the 9.1.3 to 9.1.5 but it would not take.

Can you figure that one? Thanks for your help!

DICKSTER------

Jul 13, 2011 4:45 PM in response to PROBEONE

For software update to work the applications must be as installed - at the root level of your applications folder - not renamed or placed in a folder or different location

And in general you can not just drag iPhoto around or drag a newer one to the older location - iPhoto has a number of files associated with it and it is best to let the installer handle it - other methods often will not work

LN

I'm confused.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.