Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad is it easy to do ?

I want to transfer my contacts from my I phone to I pad is it easy to do ?

iPad, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2011 1:30 AM

if you sync your contacts in itunes it will put them on your ipad.

43 replies

Dec 23, 2011 2:28 AM in response to sallon1969

In order to transfer iPhone data to iPad, you can take the help of iTunes. However you need to know that selective backup is not available and you will have to backup all the iPhone data at a single time. I use iTunes when I have to take the entire backup of my iPhone 4. For selective backup like transferring contacts, videos, sms etc, I rather use iMacsoft Transfer Software. (www.iphonetransfermac.com).

Jan 5, 2012 6:37 PM in response to alexhusty

I have an iPhone 3 and iPad 2, it doesn't look like Bump can be installed on an iPhone 3. Do you know of any other app that will do the same thing. I tried synching through iTunes but all that did was to remove all my iPhone contacts (about 200) and replace with Outlook contacts (6). I did a restore from backup but the backup must have been after the contacts had been reduced to 6 so now I can't get all my contacts back on this computer.

I should be okay though because I should have a backup on my home computer too and will restore from that.

What a pain, does anyone know of an app that can get my contacts (when I get them back) from my iPhone 3 to my iPad 2?

Thanks

Mar 25, 2012 9:38 AM in response to jlarrea

Downloading bump app was a lifesaver -- thanks! Had a little trouble figuring out how to get to point where I could select all of my contacts on my iphone4 to bump into my new iPad. Here goes ... Go to bump on both your devices. On iPhone, go to your card and then swipe until you get to contacts. At very top you can select all, and then bump. It might take a few tries to connect them, but once you do, From there it's easy. Worked like a charm so don't give up.

Mar 30, 2012 12:07 PM in response to scoop1952

Bump did the job to transfer contacts from my iPhone to my new iPad ! I'll try photos another time or sync via iTunes (got 8G worth of photos on iPhone)

It took a little bit of fiddling to get it to work. Turn on Settings -> General -> Location Services on both devices and under that same screen, make sure the Bump application setting is ON for both devices. Just turning on Location Services by itself doesn't mean Bump has it's location setting ON.

I'm not sure you actually need to fill out the info card with phone # and email. I had both my iPhone & iPad (no cellular servce in iPad (yet) ) on WiFi during this process.

Not sure what the sync mechanism is between the devices, WiFi ? B/T was off, no cell data on iPad, The engineer in my wants to know 😁.

Doesn't matter right now, it worked !

Mike

Transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad is it easy to do ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.