Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Wipe Question - Urgent!

I have a question about remote wipe from MobileMe. I'm abroad and I was mugged and my iphone 4 was taken. It doesn't have 3G access so it can't connect to the internet without wifi. I went to my MobileMe account and did a remote wipe, but the request is still pending. I'm wondering:

a) if my phone can be wiped without access to the internet and

b) if so, how long do these wipe requests usually take to go through?

Thanks so much you guys.

*It was an iPhone 4 using bb 2.10.04 and firmware 4.3.1 Thanks again

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 7:47 PM

Unfortunately, the phone requires a 3G, Wifi connection to receive the wipe command.

8 replies

Oct 29, 2011 6:47 AM in response to james_mcq

I had a similar situation where my iphone 4 was stolen. I performed a remote wipe and at first the message was that it was pending because the iphone was not connected to the internet. About 20 min later I got an email saying that the remote wipe was in process and that it couldnt be reversed.

Few minutes later, on the icloud site, I saw a message saying that the iphone's location couldnt be updated because it was wiped. Does this mean it worked? The question is based on the fact that I kept calling the phone every so often and it was turned off all the time. I have since cancelled the service so I wont have a chance to know if it really worked.

Any comments

May 6, 2012 4:02 AM in response to james_mcq

Hi, Guys

My iphone 4 was taken by the police and kept it with them for about 2 weeks. Luckily I was able to remotly wipe the phone via icloud the next day and I got the confirmation from icloud that it was deleted.

I just got my phone back and it was wiped and on factory setting.

My question now is; will the police be able to get any data or media out of myi phone by using a specail software? or any other way ?

It would be if you guys could reply to this.

Thanks much

Huss

Remote Wipe Question - Urgent!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.