Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DSCN and library, do I need them both?

I mooved fotoes from iPhoto to aperture 2 I get two copies called DSCN and library, do I need them both? Which of them do I keep in aperture?

MacBook pro 4.1, Mac OS X version 10.5.7

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 8:50 PM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2011 3:49 PM in response to mettemoms

I mooved photoes from iPhoto '08 to aperture 2. I dragged them from iPhoto to folders on disktop. Then I simply imported them to aperture. The photoes then appear in two versions one named ex 'library-0046 ' and a similiar photo 'DSCN0076'. Which of them shall I keep? They seem to appear both as masters. I do not want to keep 2 copies if I don't need it.

Jul 15, 2011 6:56 AM in response to mettemoms

I am an Aperture 3 user, and have not used version 2, but it seems you should use the standard Import from iPhoto function.

Have a look in your Aperture User Guide, and look in the Import menu function.

When you say you dragged to the "disktop" does this mean you used Finder to drag from the iPhoto package to the desktop? Opening up such packages is rarely a good idea.

DSCN and library, do I need them both?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.