Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is stuck updating apps.

My iPad is stuck during updating. Saw I had 10 apps that had updates available. Pushed "update all", that was three days ago. Still "waiting"..... How can I just stop or delete them? Please help!

iPad

Posted on Jul 13, 2011 7:15 AM

86 replies

Apr 21, 2012 12:26 AM in response to Steven Dodds

Seems to be a lot of folk with the problem tonight. I've not had luck with my iphone, ipad, or computer. I can't update applications, can't download purchased music. I've changed credit cards, logged in and out of the store, rebooted soft, rebooted hard, checked the DNS server of the router, and tried using 3G alone. Nothing lets the applications download. The waiting bar just sits there for minutes until the machine times off. Shutting down and starting up causes it to say "Error, can't purchase YYYYY at this time." On my computer, I get a dropped interenet connection error.

May 29, 2012 8:52 AM in response to IpodHappy

I've followed every single piece of advice I've found in every forum that even mentioned apps and iPads. I've reset the iPad multiple times, I've logged out of the store and back in, I plugged in the sync cord before opening the store, tried updating one app at a time, tried updating on the PC instead of the device, tried turning off wireless and downloading via 3G, looked for stalled downloads (and iTunes says there are no downloads pending), etc. Nothing's working. On the iPad there are progress bars showing on nearly every app I have, and when I tried to download a new one (I dunno why -- just thought I'd see what happened) I first got "waiting" and then got the "app cannot be downloaded at this time" notice. I've seen messages posted as long ago as 2010 with the same problem, so what gives? Why is it still an issue?

Jun 28, 2012 6:16 AM in response to Dancer1003

Hi,

To answer any one who still has this problem.

After following many of the tips given here and on other websites, I was still left with the problem. I decided to experiment a little and found the solution

1) I had a icooudbackup from a few days (done with the apps stuck, not a backup that's clean) basically the same iPad with the same problems x days ago.

2) went and deleted all the apps that are unresponsive,

3) went to settings general > reset > reset all settings.

4) setup the iOS device using the backup even if it "not clean" backup (ie done when the apps were stuck)

5) it should then update the apps automatically.

Well hope this helps anyone as frustrated as I was with this problem.

Good luck

AE

My ipad is stuck updating apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.