Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using bootcamp windows 7 updated when I logged off when I came back the magic mouse/wireless keyboard no longer worked. Is there a solution?

Using bootcamp windows 7 updated when I logged off when I came back the magic mouse/wireless keyboard no longer worked. Is there a solution? I tried adding the devices manually but they do not appear and when looking for the bluetooth settings it's gone can't find the bluetooth controls at all anymore. I had no problems before this running the latest imac model and software worked flawlessly until windows 7 updated (I never ask it to it just does no choice :/).

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), through bootcamp on windows 7

Posted on Jul 13, 2011 12:21 PM

6 replies

Jul 13, 2011 12:46 PM in response to dorayaki

Using Apple Magic Mouse or Apple Wireless Keyboard with Windows

Symptoms

Your Magic Mouse or Apple Wireless Keyboard (Late 2009) may become unpaired when using Boot Camp to run Windows on your Mac.

Resolution

Follow these steps if your Magic Mouse or Apple Wireless Keyboard no longer responds when using Boot Camp to run Windows.

1. Shut down Windows.
  2. Restart your computer using Mac OS X.
  3. Re-pair the mouse and re-pair the keyboard.
  4. Restart the computer using Windows; the mouse and keyboard should return to full operation.

If you have recently applied a Windows update, your wireless keyboard may not wake your computer from sleep. Clicking the Magic Mouse should always wake your computer up. The next time you restart, your keyboard should return to normal operation.

Resolving issues with Windows when using Apple Mag...

Jul 13, 2011 1:52 PM in response to Kappy

thank you for your reply however re installing didn't work as I still can't access my bluetooth settings in windows despite the fact that it re installed them. In the past I could access bluetooth on the tool bar now it doesn't work, I'm not sure what the windows install was but it has undoubtedly confused the situation since I had no problems before.

Feb 23, 2014 1:16 AM in response to dorayaki

I read somewhere else the following idea, which worked for me

a) log in to os x

b) rename the wireless mouse and keyboard, in the bluetooth section in system preferences

c) then un pair them with the mac

d) then reboot in windows and try to pair them

Windows seems to work better if you pair them for the "first time"...

Of course, this assumes that you have / can borrow a wired mouse and keyboard to operate the machine with while your wireless ones are unpaired.

I then had driver problems with my 2007 vintage wireless keyboard, but that's a story for another thread.

Using bootcamp windows 7 updated when I logged off when I came back the magic mouse/wireless keyboard no longer worked. Is there a solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.