Aperture 3.1.3 Update
This update supports general compatibility issues, and also addresses overall stability and performance. Minor issues addressed include the following:
- Improves reliability and performance when syncing web-published albums
- Slideshow exports are now handled as a background operation
- Crop tool now correctly supports use of gestures to define crop size
- Gesture support can now be enabled or disabled in Preferences
- Fixes an issue that could cause a blank sheet to display when placing a book or print order
- Published MobileMe, Facebook and Flickr albums now appear in a Web section in the Projects Inspector
- Shift-clicking snapshots on the Faces corkboard now allows you to make contiguous selections
- Metadata presets are now correctly applied to imported audio files
- Fixes an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly when trimming audio in full screen mode
- Resolves various issues when adding names to Faces using accented, Japanese, Korean or Simplified Chinese characters
- Improves stability when browsing video clips
- Addresses reliability of library repair and rebuild
The update is recommended for all users of Aperture 3.
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2518
There seems to be at least one capricious UI change: Previously "T" toggled the 'Metadata Tooltips' (pg 213 of the manual). Now it's Cntrl-T. At least we can 'Customize Keyboard Shortcuts' if we want the old technique.
From the support doc:
"The keyboard shortcut to show Tooltips has been changed from “T” to “Control + T” to prevent accidental activation."
I applaud that change -- and I will most certainly customize it back. It has been one of the "most-asked-for-help-solving" topics in the Aperture discussions (that is, right here) for as long as 3.x has been out (or at least seems as much -- I have not done any numerical analysis). To me at least that falls far below the cut-off for "capricious".
Thanks for the heads up.
Indeed, you and others have helped several people who've wonder "wha' happened?" when the popups show up. I (and by inference, you) find a single-key toggle convenient. When that box shows up, it's hard for people to divine what it's called so they can help themselves by looking it up. Odd, I don't see either form in the Help menu's Keyboard Shortcuts document.
Neil G wrote:
Odd, I don't see either form in the Help menu's Keyboard Shortcuts document.
Unrelated to the above but related to the thread:
The change to the "t" key shortcut does not affect already-customized Command Sets ( ... it shouldn't, so that's good). If you are using a customized Command Set, you won't have to reset the "t" key shortcut (but you will have to change it if you want the newly-changed default behavior).
After installing the upgrade, on launching Aperture my Library was scanned (and upgraded?). Took less than a minute. No idea what it was doing -- but willing to guess that it was looking for on-line galleries, of which I have none.
Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger