Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic 120GB, to be repaired or not to be repaired?

That is the question.

So I've had this baby for a few years now, got it in 08 or 09, and she's been great to me up until the last few months. It still technically works, but it's got many issues. The most frequent problem is freezing/delay, I'll click next song, or menu, or whatever and it will not respond for up to about 30 seconds I'd say, this is annoying problem but I've been able to live with it, the more troublesome issue is that everytime I plug my ipod into my computer it either drastically slows down or freezes my computer until I unplug it at which point my ipod pops up in iTunes and I get a message saying that my ipod cannot be found (after I have removed it - what a suprise!) until recently I've gotten around that problem by plugging it in disc mode, but now even that isn't working. So basically I can't put any more music on my ipod 😟.

I've tried all the obvious, resetting, reformating (funny story, after reformating I omitted a few artists when putting my music back on then while listening to my ipod in the shower halfway through a song the ipod started playing a song which was no longer on my ipod for about 30 seconds before going back to the original song...I thought it was haunted at that point!)

I've also tried it on other computers and the same freezing/slow down happens.

So what do you guys think? I'm out of warranty but am willing to pay the $129 or whatever it is to get a new one as that is $100 off retail, should I send it in? Or is there hope yet?

iPod classic, Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 13, 2011 8:00 PM

There are no replies.

Ipod Classic 120GB, to be repaired or not to be repaired?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.