Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade from iPhoto 6 to iPhoto 8 on G4 under 10.5

Hi,

I have a probleme since i do the upgrade from iPhoto 6 to iPhoto 8 (iLife 9').

The pictures on fullscreen or editing mode is not impossible to read.

Only the standard view with all the images is good.

When i try to see it on fullscreen, all the window is black.

But the picture seem open ! if i try to blind zoom in it, the floating window apear with a miniview of the picture.

Somebody could help me ?

Her is my harware configuration :

Vue d’ensemble du logiciel système :

Version du système : Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

Version du noyau : Darwin 9.8.0

Informations matériel :

Nom du modèle : Power Mac G4

Identifiant du modèle : PowerMac3,6

Nom du processeur : PowerPC G4 (3.3)

Vitesse du processeur : 1.25 GHz

Nombre de CPU : 1

Cache de niveau 2 (par processeur) : 256 Ko

Cache de niveau 3 (par CPU) : 1 Mo

Mémoire : 1 Go

Vitesse du bus : 167 MHz

Version de la ROM de démarrage : 4.4.8f2

ATI Radeon 9000 Pro :

Jeu de composants : ATY,RV250

Type : Moniteur

Bus : AGP

Logement : SLOT-1

VRAM (totale) : 64 Mo

Fournisseur : ATI (0x1002)

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x4966

Identifiant de révision : 0x0001

Révision de la ROM : 113-99702-131

Moniteurs :

iPhoto '08, Mac OS X (10.5.8), PowerMac G4

Posted on Jul 14, 2011 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2011 7:35 AM

The ! turns up when iPhoto loses the connection between the thumbnail in the iPhoto Window and the file it represents.

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Rebuild iPhoto Library Database from automatic backup.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one. .

Regards

TD

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2011 7:35 AM in response to matmaz

The ! turns up when iPhoto loses the connection between the thumbnail in the iPhoto Window and the file it represents.

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Rebuild iPhoto Library Database from automatic backup.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one. .

Regards

TD

Upgrade from iPhoto 6 to iPhoto 8 on G4 under 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.