Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I transfer ONE website out of 11 to my client without deleting my live sites from the internet?

Aparently, in order give ONE website out of my 11 webites to my client

I have to...

1. copy ALL my files (11 live websites)

2. DELETE all but his

3. PROBLEM is, they DELETE from the internet

4. then I have to re-upload all the sites again???

this sounds scary!

....who programs Iweb anyway...(i'm serious, I would love to talk to them)

Is there not a more stable solution to giving one of the sites I have made to my

client WITHOUT having to DELETE ALL my live sites from the internet and then HOPE

that I can upload them all agiain with no problems???

thanks, Trinity

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 14, 2011 7:55 AM

14 replies

Jul 14, 2011 8:05 AM in response to 4trinity

When you delete a site, you will be asked if you want to delete the site on the server as well.

To avoid that, simply change publish to folder.

No need to select the folder, simply change the setting.

Then delete the site(s) until the one you need is left.

It is assumed you have more than one site. The last site cannot be deleted. It always will have one page.

Aug 3, 2011 12:18 PM in response to 4trinity

So I am 'publishing to a folder', but cannot find the site in any folder once I do this.

I even tried choosing a folder to publish the site to and then looked

in the folder...no site. I am concerned to delete the sites now, since

the last time I tried this (without publishing to a folder, though) ALL

my sites got WIPED OFF the internet and I had to re-upload every

one.

• Does publishing to a folder prevent this from happening?
  • And do I need to be able to find them in one of these mystery folders

afterward?

Aug 11, 2011 1:04 PM in response to 4trinity

Roddy,

this is great, I can see the folder in the /Sites file. So... to give it to my client who has a mac...I will send her the file, but I do not see one thing she could click on that will load her site into her mac. I just see individual files for each page. Do I tell her to load each file individually? (Picture below)

thanks, you're great!User uploaded file

Aug 18, 2011 11:03 AM in response to Roddy

Yes, just the published site, but EXTRACTING ONE site out of Domain.sites2 (in which there are 11) WITHOUT deleting all my other sites off the internet is the challenge. I did the whole....delete all sites except the one I want to give to my client thing and then ALL my other sites were wiped off the internet, so I had to upload each one again. Is there no better way?

I thought that saving each site to a file (as you showed me via the iweb control panel) and then sending my client the file would work....maybe if I just name the file Domain.sties2 will it work? thanks in advance!

Aug 18, 2011 3:02 PM in response to 4trinity

Yes, just the published site,

If all you want is to send the published site files to the client so they can view it locally on their computer with their browser just click on the site's folder icon in iWeb and change the publish destination to a folder on your hard drive. You don't need to do anthing to the domain file,.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

Then copy the site folder and it's index.html file that iWeb produces to a CD, flash dirive and send to the client. You might also zip/compress both the site folder and index.html file and email them to the client if the resulting zip file is small enough.

OT

Aug 23, 2011 1:19 PM in response to 4trinity

Yes. As long as here iWeb applicaiton is the save version or later than the one that you used to create the site.

You will duplicate the domain file before deleting the unwanted sites. As Wyodor pointed out set the publication destination locatiion to a folder and you won't be asked if you want to remove the sites from the server.

how can I transfer ONE website out of 11 to my client without deleting my live sites from the internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.