Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing plug-in error.

I keep getting a "missing plug-in" error message on safari when trying to watch video lectures and other things... help?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 14, 2011 10:16 AM

9 replies

Jul 29, 2011 8:28 AM in response to sarahpearce

This tip worked for me, Sarah:

With Safari open, go to Preferences (drop-down menu under the name Safari: upper-left corner of your screen).

Click the blue Extensions icon (second from the right between Privacy and Advanced).

If you have a plug-in from DivX, uncheck the "Enable" checkbox, or uninstall it.

Got this from a guy named "QuickTimeChris" in Apple Discussions, and it worked like a charm.

Good luck with your studies!

Aug 31, 2011 6:16 AM in response to RRRoll

Am having the missing plug-in problem, but not with videos, with still documents, and not with MacBook Pro but with Lion on iMac. Unfortunately I don't have the DivX plug-in (as in RRRoll tip of 7/29). Apple Support senior reps have been unable to help, say it's an Adobe issue and I'll have to wait until Adobe develops a solution. Can't access parts of a website I need to do my job. Any other ideas, anybody?

missing plug-in error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.