Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb publishing

How do I publish an iWeb website through mobileme or another hosting service such as webs. I cannot seem to publish no matter what hosting website I try.

iWeb '09-OTHER

Posted on Jul 14, 2011 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2011 11:08 AM

Select the Sitename in the sidebar at the left.

Then from the popup menu select where you want to publish : MobileMe, FTP or folder.

It only works when you have signed up for a webhosting package.

The provider will give you the details.

11 replies

Jul 16, 2011 10:21 AM in response to brownee019

There are a number of website hosting services that cost in the neighborhood of $3-$4/month and can include a free domain name. Just do a Google search for "website hosting services". You'll want one that offers Linux hosting and has good customer support, i.e. 24/7 telephone support.

These will also let you use iWeb to continue to manage your site.

OT

Jul 17, 2011 12:59 AM in response to brownee019

brownee019 wrote:

If I published through another hosting service, would my site look and function the same as compared to publishing it through MobileMe?

Yes, except that these MobileMe features will be unavailable:

• Password protection

• Blog and photo comments

• Blog search

• Hit counter

• Enhanced slideshows

...Note that there may be alternatives for the above features, e.g. for the hit counter:

Adding StatCounter to an iWeb Page as an HTML Snippet

User uploaded file

Jul 17, 2011 8:38 AM in response to brownee019

Also I don't believe RSS feeds will work.

Unless Apple offers an update to fix it, the popup slideshow control buttons will not display their images and all we'll see is:

User uploaded file

instead of this:

User uploaded file

If you follow the instructions in this tutorial, #26 - How to Modify iWeb So Popup Slideshows Will Work After MobileMe is Discontinued, you can fix that problem yourself.

OT

Jul 18, 2011 5:24 PM in response to brownee019

Do you have a MobileMe account now? If not then you will not be able to publish to MMe. That's because Apple as announce that MMe hosting service will be discontinued on June 30, 2012 and is not accepting any new accounts in the mean time.

So you will have to learn ftp which is not that difficult to do. If you purchase a hosting account with a company that has good customer support they will talk you thru it step by step. HostExcellence.com and GoDaddy.com are two that have very good customer support. These services offer unlimited storage, i.e. publish as many sites as you'd like. I have over 50 sites on my host.

iWeb publishing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.