Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Key commands keep disappearing - HELP!

Key commands keep disappearing in Logic 8 - HELP!

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Logic Pro 8

Posted on Jul 14, 2011 12:24 PM

3 replies

Jul 20, 2011 4:44 PM in response to Sampleconstruct

Hello and thanks for responding. That said, I don't know if it's a Logic Pro v8.0.0-specific issue, but I assign and save key commands using MIDI control changes transmitted from my Novation Xio 49 keyboard (e.g turning a pot to assign the Bus 2 Send level to control change 29, instead of using a button on my computer keyboard) within the Key Commands window and everything works fine as soon as I make the changes...

... I then use 'Options>Export...' to create a Key Commands file as per usual and then I even save the modified project as a new Project Template. However, I've opened the created template to test it and all works fine, but shortly after, the key commands just 'vanish' and nothing happens when I turn the pots on my keyboard but WORST of all, when I go to 'Options>Presets/Import...' in the Key Commands menu, NOTHING happens and it looks as if NONE of the changes I made were even saved when I originally created the Key Commands files + when I turn the knobs on my keyboard ALL that happens is that the MIDI note number info on the Arrange Window transport fluctuates [STRANGELY though, I can still control the channel strip level and pan from my keyboard but nothing else]!?

All of this has got me wondering if I need to copy the created Key Commands file to any specific folders/locations on my computer Hard Disk (or if there is a specific procedure that I should carry out whilst creating/exporting Key Commands)? Additionally, I'm wondering if I should just use the 'Control Surfaces Assignments' window to do the assignments (that said any info on how I can access the Key Commands list from which to pick controls herein would be much appreciated, because when I click 'Show...' in the Key Command sub-menu therein NOTHING appears)!? Alternatively, should I just try and fix this through the Environment and if so, how would I go about doing so?

If anyone could shed ANY light on this it would be MUCH appreciated guys - Yours in music / Thanks! P

Key commands keep disappearing - HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.