Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create a gradient - Video

I was asked on the day I downloaded FCPX how to create a Graduated sky! Well as I had only just got it I had no idea.. so having promptly forgot the users name I thought Id stick the video here if anyone is interested.. probably most of you know how to do it anyway?!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRPHxLlLN3c

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 8GB/500GB HDD/GeForce GT 330M

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 7:11 AM

7 replies

Jul 22, 2011 4:01 PM in response to Andy Mees

I don't know if it is something that I am overlooking, if something is wrong with my install, or what.. but I cannot figure out how to adjust the colors of the gradient generator in FCPX... unless it is through the color corrector which doesn't seem right.

If I select the gradient in my timeline, go to the generator tab in the inspector, and look at the "published parameters" the only options I have are a check box for "iMovie Gray Gradient" Type "Linear/Radial" "Start Ramp" and "End Ramp."

Do I need to do something in Motion?

Jul 22, 2011 4:50 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Here is what I have figured out.

If you click each color/opacity swatch slider in the gradient box in Motion you can publish the respective color, location, and opacity controls for that transition point in the gradient. This will allow you to change the colors for those points from within FCPX and adjust the location of the transition between zones.

I'm just making up the terminology above.. hopefully it is clear.

It doesn't seem like you add new points to the gradient from within FCPX at this time. If someone figures it out, please share!

How to create a gradient - Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.