Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

loading compressor support

Hi....after trying to open Final Cut Pro X my computer gets stuck on "loading compressor support".....

How do I fix this?

iMac

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 8:06 AM

7 replies

Sep 18, 2011 11:31 AM in response to Jetes

Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you buy Compressor and download it from the App Store? Did it download without aborting and install okay? If it is installed okay, you should be able to go to your Application folder and select Compressor from there and run it. It will run as a stand alone program. It if does, then we can get on with potential other problems 🙂 I know this would probably not apply to what Spinaltappro is seeing.

stephen

Sep 19, 2011 3:27 PM in response to still_learning

Thanks for the quick response. My name should be Still Learning Tons of Info.

Apple personel never told me I had to order the Compressor program!

After two calls and taking the program off twice and reloading twice now I am downloading Compressor.

On top of it I paid for the app once and they charged me again on the last download.

I am going to try it now that I downloaded Compressor and still can't open Final Cut without the spinning beach ball

Very confused.

Help please!!!!!!!

THX

Sep 19, 2011 3:53 PM in response to Spinaltappro

You should be able to go into the App Store application on your Mac and click on the Purchases selection at the top. The next window to open up should tell you what you have bought and if it is installed yet. If it says Install, you still need to install it. It can take a while to download. If you interrupt the download, and start it again later, it will resume where it left off earlier. When the download has completed, your system will automatically install the app for you. When it is installed, you will be able to go to your applications folder on your docking bar and open it and launch Compressor. It will run as a stand alone application or from within Final Cut Pro X. If it runs okay as a stand alone app, then exit out of it. Afterwards, you should be able to now run it from within Final Cut Pro X.

stephen

loading compressor support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.