Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently bought a Macbook Air 13" and I can't fully expand webpages. I tried clicking on the green " " button but it still won't work. I don't know if it has to do with a setting that I changed... Any suggestions?

I can't expand any webpages on my mac. I tried clicking on the little "+" green button but it does not work. I don't know if it has to do with a setting I changed... Any suggestions?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 10:20 AM

Easiest thing I found was to manually expand any open window you're dealing with; including a webpage. To do this look at the bottom right hand corner of the window pane itself. Just below the Up and Down scrolling arrows is a corner with 3 diagonal lines. Grab that and drag in the direction (up, down, right, left, diagonal) that resizes the window to meet your needs. Once you've done this the size will be remembered when you open the window in the future. I've learned Apple doesn't like "full screen" mode. Just as well since filling the screen with an open application hides anything else you have open. And the Dock doesn't highlight or display the open Apps. Hint: I've learned to use the F3 key a lot. That way I can see everything that I've opened and change applications.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2011 10:20 AM in response to Marie-Pier

Easiest thing I found was to manually expand any open window you're dealing with; including a webpage. To do this look at the bottom right hand corner of the window pane itself. Just below the Up and Down scrolling arrows is a corner with 3 diagonal lines. Grab that and drag in the direction (up, down, right, left, diagonal) that resizes the window to meet your needs. Once you've done this the size will be remembered when you open the window in the future. I've learned Apple doesn't like "full screen" mode. Just as well since filling the screen with an open application hides anything else you have open. And the Dock doesn't highlight or display the open Apps. Hint: I've learned to use the F3 key a lot. That way I can see everything that I've opened and change applications.

I recently bought a Macbook Air 13" and I can't fully expand webpages. I tried clicking on the green " " button but it still won't work. I don't know if it has to do with a setting that I changed... Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.