Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serial number blocked by firewall? How do I solve this?

When I use the server administration settings I get an error message saying the serial number could not be used because it's blocked by the firewall.

I know I'm using the right serial number.

Totally stumped.

Any ideas?

Version. 10.6.8

Mac mini

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 12:53 PM

Is this a new Mac Mini Server system with a new serial number?

Is this Mac running as a guest in a virtualized configuration?

Has anytbody been working in the shell via Terminal.app in this system?

Does the Mac OS X Server firewall have the port open for port 626 under Firewall > Settings > Advanced? (It's usually listed as rule 1.)

As a potential brute-force work-around: (re)download the 10.6.8 combo update kit, and apply it, and see if that clears this.

Better: if you just acquired this Mac Mini Server system (new), ring up Apple support and ask for assistance here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2011 12:53 PM in response to chrisrussell

Is this a new Mac Mini Server system with a new serial number?

Is this Mac running as a guest in a virtualized configuration?

Has anytbody been working in the shell via Terminal.app in this system?

Does the Mac OS X Server firewall have the port open for port 626 under Firewall > Settings > Advanced? (It's usually listed as rule 1.)

As a potential brute-force work-around: (re)download the 10.6.8 combo update kit, and apply it, and see if that clears this.

Better: if you just acquired this Mac Mini Server system (new), ring up Apple support and ask for assistance here.

Serial number blocked by firewall? How do I solve this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.