Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting digital microscope to ipad

i have a digital microscope with USB cable. it can be connected and take picture through Photo Booth in my mac pro.

but, can i connect it through the usb camera kit to my iPad and save the picture to it? when i connect it, i get the message that it is not compatible. is there any way to do so?

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 1:13 PM

iOS devices dont work with webcam devices

So unless The cam work as a usb mass storage device it Will not work

4 replies

Apr 8, 2012 8:21 AM in response to Rudegar

Hello Rudegar

Would you know where I may find a listing of usb video cameras for microscopes (like the Motic models) that may be compatable with iMovie 11 to capture live video (clips) when viewing through my microscope?

I am able to view (& capture) video clips from my motic 352 microscope camera by using Quicktime Player 7 (registered version).... but I would like to be able to use iMovie11 (for my students) to capture, edit & produce video clips of the specimins they observe.

Thanks for any possible help

Regards from the coast of Maine

-Maine-I-Mac

Oct 8, 2012 7:46 PM in response to surrati

I would like to know if there is a way to do this also. I want to try using my iPad instead of my loupe to do my work. I would love a way to connect a digital microscope to my iPad for this use. Currently I do not know of a compatible microscope. If there was a way to use the video recording ability of the iPad with a digital microscope that would be great!

Oct 16, 2012 5:11 PM in response to surrati

I did a search for iPad Digital Microscopes and found this thread along with a web site for "ProScope Mobile", a wireless handheld digital microscope for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. I don't know anything about it other than what I have found on the web site. The wireless version support VGA resolution ( 640 x480 ).

The company also makes a USB tethered version for OS X and Windows 7 with a 2 MP sensor supporting up to 1600X1200.

If you go this way let me know about your experience.

connecting digital microscope to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.