Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use @me as primary iTunes email?

User uploaded file

When I try to change my Apple ID email address to my @me account, I get this error telling me how my @me is already associated with my Apple ID and I cannpt use that as my primary email address😠. I am going to get rid of my @gmail email soon and use my @me email as my primary email address. How can I change my account settings to use my @me and get rid of my @gmail. Thank You for any answers!

MacBook Pro 13in Mid 2009, Unibody (Lion Beta GM)

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 6:15 PM

7 replies

Oct 15, 2011 3:19 PM in response to Cole Bergmann

Same here.....

I've set up the @me account to use iCloud etc. (and it all works really well), but now I'd just like the one email, which means changing my iTunes name and email to @me.

I had the same problem when Tried to change to @me. I'm really surprised, I thought this would be an obvious update for people swapping over to iCloud services.

Bob.

Nov 4, 2011 5:24 AM in response to Robert Farthing

The only thing I can think of, it's a bug in Apple's system.

The Apple ID still thinks it cannot allow your ID to be changed to a @me.com address becouse, before iCloud, those were always MobileMe addresses which already had an Apple ID associated to them.

Apparently, Apple hasn't yet updated there ID system to reflect the new iCloud reality.

Nov 4, 2011 6:09 AM in response to HAL 9000 Computer

HAL 9000 Computer wrote:

The only thing I can think of, it's a bug in Apple's system.

The Apple ID still thinks it cannot allow your ID to be changed to a @me.com address becouse, before iCloud, those were always MobileMe addresses which already had an Apple ID associated to them.

Apparently, Apple hasn't yet updated there ID system to reflect the new iCloud reality.

Totally agree that Apple ID seems to think that a @me.com account is associated with MobileMe.

Until Apple "fix" it's systems, I'll continue with my old email address, and not use the iCloud email features.

Bob.

How to use @me as primary iTunes email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.