Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wav file

Is it possible to export/upload a wav file from Garage Band?

iMac

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 3:14 AM

3 replies

Oct 31, 2012 11:48 PM in response to xyzoptics

Although the iTunes conversion is one of the most simple one, it has one major drawback. iTunes cannot convert or keep the 24bit resolution of an audio file. Any audio file with a 24bit resolution will be reduced to a 16 bit audio file after the export. There is now 24bit option in the popup menu.

User uploaded file

Any time a new iTunes version came out for the last ten years, this is the first thing I'm checkin if they finally implemented that. I doubt that the new iTunes 11 will have it either. This is a shame because 24bit is the audio standard for years now but Apple seems to be stuck in the CD era even if they eliminate all the CD drives from their machines now.

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

wav file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.