Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have no sound when I play You Tube videos or iTune songs.

I have no sound coming through my speakers on both YouTube videos and my iTunes library songs, on playback.

Previously, in the past year, when I could not hear any sound on YouTube video playback, I saw an answer in another forum which addressed this problem, tried it and I got my sound back! What I did was double-clicked on my iMac hard drive icon in Finder, opened up Applications, then right-clicked on Safari, and then clicked on "Get Info." I noticed that the checkbox "Open Using Rosetta" was checked, and the solution was to uncheck it (then I restarted my computer) and then attempted to play a YT video and I got my sound back!

This time, I thought I had the same problem, but the Rosetta block was still unchecked, yet I can't get any sound to come through my attached speakers, so I'm wondering what the problem and solution are? Can anyone help? I would appreciate it. The first time it happened, I downloaded Firefox browser, and WAS able to hear sound at least that way on YT videos.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

A1207, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 6:24 AM

8 replies

Jul 16, 2011 8:28 AM in response to Klaus1

Klaus,

I forgot to mention I have external speakers connected to my iMac (Altec Lansing). How does this change your answer? Also, when I went to the Audio MIDI setup you suggested above, the audio output setting was already set to 44100.0 Hz. It also said on that same screen under "Audio Output" that "Output is not Supported."

I was going through my System Preferences and did make a few changes, possibly including audio or firewalls.

Thanks again for any help you can provide. My speakers were running fine just a few days ago.

Jul 16, 2011 8:38 AM in response to Klaus1

Klaus,

All of a sudden, my speakers are working again!! I thought I would test them by playing a YouTube video and they're working!! And I really didn't (have to) change any settings you mentioned above. Go figure!!

Thanks for your help anyway! (Maybe it was a bug or worm, which my anti-virus software cleared up??!)

Kevin

I have no sound when I play You Tube videos or iTune songs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.