Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signing in to gmail using safari

I can no longer sign in to one gmail account on my ipad2 (there is no issue logging into my other gmail account) using safari. Nothing was changed, one minute i could access both gmail accounts with ease, the next only one, with no changes made to anything! Initially it looks like it will load, the wcreen flashes momentarily and then bounces me back to the log in screen. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 7:17 PM

5 replies

Jul 16, 2011 8:50 PM in response to Eric Ross

Hi Eric, thank you for your suggestion; however, i had cleared the history earlier today, which didn't work. I signed in through a couple of browsers on my pc to see if there was any variability between the 2 accounts but there wasn't; and i opened and compared my 2 gmail accounts in safari on my pc to see if anything was different, one had the imap access enabled and the other didn't (the one i can't access from my ipad). i enabled it, cleared history again, and tried again - same thing, the account looks like it will load, it flashes on with a no new email (when there is as i sent some to myself!) and then it bumps to a please wait screen and then bumps right back out to the initial login screen. it's driving me nuts!

Jul 16, 2011 9:38 PM in response to John Hammer1

ha ha! sadly though, it didn't work - the gmail i couldn't load is loading but now the one that was loading, is not; it's behaving just like the first troublesome gmail. nothing has changed in the account, i tried to replicate what i did a short while ago for the first account, but that hasn't worked. it's as though the ipad can suddenly now only recognize one gmail account 😟. fortunately this latter one is also set up to feed start to my ipad email so not so much an issue. but what the heck is going on?

Signing in to gmail using safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.