Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Library: folders appearing in my "pictures" folder

In my "Pictures" folder (in my Home folder) - the same folder my Aperture Library is in - folders are appearing containing images I've imported into Aperture. Is this normal? It seems quite random which pictures show up. The folders are named the same as the projects I've created in Aperture, but they don't always have all the images from that project. Can anyone help? Why is this happening? Have I accidentally changed a setting?

The Library Location I have set in Aperture's preferences is: ~/Pictures/Aperture Library.aplibrary

Am I right that all images imported into Aperture should remain in the Aperture Library (i.e. the little white box)? Why are some going into the Pictures folder adjacent to the white box?

MBP Intel (early 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 10:23 PM

Suggest you check the Import Settings to make sure you have the 'In Aperture Library' selected in the 'Store Files' field.

Note - you can click on the 'Import Settings drop-down menu > Restore Defaults' to set all settings to default if you wish (removing any check marks in that list will also reset the panels to the original panels as well). 😉

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2011 10:23 PM in response to matteos

Suggest you check the Import Settings to make sure you have the 'In Aperture Library' selected in the 'Store Files' field.

Note - you can click on the 'Import Settings drop-down menu > Restore Defaults' to set all settings to default if you wish (removing any check marks in that list will also reset the panels to the original panels as well). 😉

Aperture Library: folders appearing in my "pictures" folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.