Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bugs with iPhoto, what's wrong?

So pretty much, I rename a title of a photo, and certain things happen;

- They delete themselves when I try to delete a letter.

- When I move to edit the description, the title deletes itself.

- When I move to another photo and successfully edit its title, the previous title I edited, deletes itself.

Anyone got any pointers?

Thanks,

Mike.

P.S. Yes I have tried updating.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iPod touch 3G

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 2:29 AM

5 replies

Jul 17, 2011 3:12 AM in response to Mikool12

What version of iphoto? Assuming it's 09 or later:

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Rebuild iPhoto Library Database from automatic backup.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one. .

Regards

TD

Jul 17, 2011 3:23 AM in response to Mikool12

Note the first two word of Option 1...

Back up...

That's your first level of protection.

Note too, with option 2

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one. .

If you end up using the new Library created in Option 2, you will lose the connection to your existing FaceBook libraries. Faces and Places should be preserved.

Your other option os to simply restore a back up from before the issue arose.

Regards

TD

Bugs with iPhoto, what's wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.