Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what can I use to clean the aluminium case on the macbook pro?

I'm looking for advice on what cleaning products I can use on the macbook pro without discolouring or damaging it

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 8:54 AM

15 replies

Jul 17, 2011 9:23 AM in response to rotherama

HELLO also i would like to suggest to use as KT mentions, yes a soft cleaning cloth, hm well to be honest i am using antistatic cleaning wipes, but i combine with water and then clean after with a soft anti static again cloth, just like the one i use for my expensive glasses 🙂 , use only few drops of water and let it dry (the anti-static wipe) i use Q-CONNECT DRY CLEANING WIPES, then use the soft cotton cloth of your preference i think this is the best also for the screen too .. p.S HAVE FUN.

Jun 1, 2013 3:28 PM in response to rotherama

Through all my different careers, I have learned it takes an oil to break down an oil. I have had this problem where no matter how clean my hands are, and using isoprophil alchohol or iKlear, it still doesnt remove the oil residue off the keyboard or alluminum unibody. So what i did was dampen a cloth with "gook off", which is an oil or sticky residue remover. This actually made it greasier, but after rubbing my Pro with Gook off and then cleaning off the Gook off with alcohol, the residue was gone! I do this every so often when the keyboard gets shiny or I see oil residue below the keyboard where my palms rest. Rub Gook off using hard pressure, then remove the gook off with alcohol or iKlear, or whatever watered down cleaner you prefer. This is the only method that has worked for me and my school that actually works, leaving my Pro and the student laptops looking brand new. I do not recomend this for the screen because I have not tried it yet and have not needed to try it on the screen. Rub hard!

what can I use to clean the aluminium case on the macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.