Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Opting out of "cloud" use possible?

I like to keep all my files local, and never want to upload anything to the "cloud". Is there going to be a way in the new Macs and the new OS to make sure that everything is kept local and there is not one bit (bit as in part of a byte) of my data going online if I don't want it to.

If Apple doesn't include a way to do this then I will have to have two computers, one for my stuff and one that's connected to the internet. Right now I only keep my programs and OS on the computer, and all my data is stored on a removable HD which is disconnected when online. It's not that I have any really sensitive data, but I want to remain in control of what I do have, "convenience of iCloud" be ******.

Macbook 1,1, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2 GB RAM, 640 GB WD HD, 22" external monitor

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 9:06 AM

1 reply

Is Opting out of "cloud" use possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.