Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

convert flv to mov

I am looking for a tool to convert videos in the flv format to the mov format.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 10:49 AM

12 replies

Jul 17, 2011 11:28 AM in response to nicolas44

There are many movie format converters you could could search for at macupdate.com. But one of the better ones I might recommend is iFFmpeg.

You could also use Perian which should allow you to play flv's directly in the Quicktime player without converting.

Finally, use the search term "os x convert flv to mov" in google to find other discussions on this topic.

Mar 12, 2015 8:19 PM in response to Mike Janowski

I've been reading so many different forums on how to convert FLV to MOV. Finally, I summarized three solutions:

First one: HandBrake . This tool is a free and open-source multi-threaded transcoding app.

Cons:

1. 1. HandBrake is too professional to handle for most people;
  2. 2. It doesn't support MOV as output format.

Second one: there are many third party software which supports converting FLV to MOV.I highly recommend iDealshare VideoGo which can batch convert FLV to MOV much easier, faster on Mac or Windows

Cons:

1. Most of them are not free.

Third one: Online-Converter . This kind of converter does a great job on file conversion.

Cons:

1. 1. Like most online converters, the free version of this tool only allows you to convert videos smaller than 100MB. It's too small for video conversion;
  2. 2.Your MKV video should be upload to the internet to be converted. This means the risk of pravite information leak is possible.

convert flv to mov

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.