Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virtual Cluster SetUp Compressor 4

I'm using Compressor 4 - Ive set up a virtual cluster on my QuadCore Original MacPro. I was able to use the built-in Qmaster to set up TWO (processing) instances (one for each Processor) to speed up Compressors encoding. IT WORKS FOR COMPRESSOR 4 .. increasing my encoding my at least 35%.

I know some were doing this with Compressor 3.. Compressor 4 has Qmaster built in.. the set up process is exactly the same, just that the dialog boxes look a little different. If it works on my old machine.. its gonna work on anyone's MacPro !!!

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Quad2.66/16GB/2.1TB Int./ATI 5770HD

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 3:08 PM

6 replies

Aug 7, 2011 7:26 AM in response to StingRay67

I've done everything that I see in the posted image using Compressor 4 but still no joy.

My virtual cluster in Compressor 3 worked just dandy but this time around, nada.

I'm choosing "Share this computer" from within Compressor 4> AppleQmaster pulldown

(The only difference with the supplied image is that my QuickCluster has the name of my machine in the field. Other than that, all the right boxes are checked.)

Any help with what was a decent setup in Compressor 3 and now is seemingly faltering in Compressor 4, would be gratefully received.

Aug 7, 2011 9:58 PM in response to StingRay67

Set your Qmaster just like the image below... Click on Compressor options to set how many isnstances your going to use... Give your QuickCluster a name.

User uploaded file

Here is Compressor 3.5 setup.

User uploaded file

(Click on images to make them larger and clearer.)

iMac 27", 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB 1333MHz DDR3, 2TB HD + 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5FCS 3OS X 10.7 (Lion)iPad 1&2Apple Tv 2

Aug 8, 2011 5:15 AM in response to David M Brewer

StingRay67, Many thanks for getting me on the right track with setting up the virtual cluster in Compressor 4. David, Thank you for clarifying the settings. Could have sworn blue that I had them 'exactly' like this, but it appears I didn't because now I see my cluster in my 'Share Monitor" as well as everywhere else I was expecting to see it. (I guess I'll have to run faster or go for shorter runs now!)

Regards,

Lawrence

Virtual Cluster SetUp Compressor 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.