Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i charge my itouch with my ipad charger?

IMAC, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 3:41 PM

9 replies

Jul 18, 2011 10:23 AM in response to lllaass

lllaass wrote:

I have a Kindle USB charger and it does not work on the iPod. I think it is only 200 ma (compared with iPod 1000 ma and iPad 2000 ma).

Thank you for the clarification. The three chargers that I have checked (2 wall, only one an Apple; and one car) were all marked 1 Amp (1000 ma). I will be more careful in the future if I respond to similar questions.

Jul 30, 2011 2:28 PM in response to maurer77

Interesting, the iPad charger description only says it is good for the two iPads and the iPhone4.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC359LL/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjA&mco=MjM2NDExMzk

The description for the chager for the iPad when the iPad1 was introduced said it was also good for iPods. My iPad1 charger works find for my iPod Touch and Nano. My 5 W Griffen iPod/Iphone charger works find for my iPad1 but charges it slowly. The charger limits the amount of current it can output.

Jul 30, 2011 5:05 PM in response to maurer77

Hello, yes you are right. Here is the text from the product overview

Use this ultracompact and convenient USB-based power adapter to charge your iPad at home, on the road, or whenever it's not connected to a computer. You can connect the adapter directly to your iPad, to an iPad Dock, or to an iPad Keyboard Dock.

Featuring a compact design, this power adapter offers fast, efficient charging and includes a 6-foot-long power cord so you can plug it in under a desk or behind the couch. It also charges iPhone and all iPod models with a dock connector.

Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.